Re: Patch to highlight current line number [nlinum.el]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Patch to highlight current line number [nlinum.el]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 08:28:39 -0400

> I need the line-diff to get the line begin/end positions for the last-line.

Exactly: if you have a marker showing you where is that "last-line", you
don't need the line-diff.  If you really want the beg/end of that line,
you `goto-char' to that marker and then use line-beginning-position and
line-end-position from there with no argument.

>> (progn
>>   (forward-line -2)
>>   (insert "a\nb\n")
>>   (forward-line -4))
> That case worked fine too.

Hmm... I wonder how, but in any case, that's good.

> One reason was that it looked like the nlinum group was anyways
> autogenerated when gloabl-nlinum-mode was created. It just wasn't formally
> defined. So it was missing the description. On evaluating "(customize-group
> 'nlinum)", it gave:

Oh, the gloabl-nlinum-mode was missing a ":group 'linum" argument!

> ===== patch follows

Please install it, and thank you very much.

        Stefan