Re: On controlling rectangle-preview

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On controlling rectangle-preview
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:28:40 +0300

> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  Eli Zaretskii
> <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 00:03:25 -0700
>
> > This ends up bring very simple--permission to push to emacs-25?
>
> If Eli agrees, it looks safe enough to me for the release.

Sorry, I'm confused by the last message in the discussion of the
patch.  This started by introducing a new defcustom that controls the
preview, but ended with a patch adding no defcustom and instead
deleting 3 lines?  What did I miss (specifically between
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-07/msg00845.html,
which approves the original patch, and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-07/msg00911.html,
which presents a totally different one)?

And why is it needed in emacs-25?  Is there some urgent or
particularly nasty problem involved that we'd like to fix ASAP?

Thanks.