RE: Display-relative coordinates

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Display-relative coordinates
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:38:14 -0700 (PDT)

>  > It would still be useful, I think, to have a function that returns
>  > directly the screen-relative pixel coordinates
>
> ‘window-absolute-pixel-position’ does that already.

I see.  Sounds good to me.  As I said, in the Emacs 25 build I have,
which is not recent, for a measured value of 354 pixels it returned
335 pixels.  And that difference corresponds, I guess, to the fact
that I measured to the cursor bottom, whereas `w-a-p-p' returns
the distance (height) to the "upper/left corner of the glyph at
POSITION."  The height of a line in emacs -Q, as Eli says, is 16,
and 354 - 16 = 338, which is ~335.  I only measured visually, and
my eye was probably off by 3 pixels for this.