Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2)

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 17:15:52 +0000

Hello again, Eli.

On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 04:53:23PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

[ .... ]

> Please provide some means by which CC Mode has access to the full details
> of a buffer change.  That's all I'm asking for now (even if I'm getting a
> bit repetitive).

How about the following idea: we create a special purpose undo list
separate from the existing one.  Every change is recorded on this list,
regardless of whether or not main undo is disabled.  After each
invocation of after-change-functions the list is emptied.

    (defmacro with-change-undone (&rest forms) ...)

An after-change-function can invoke the macro `with-change-undone' which
would undo the changes, execute the &rest forms, then redo the changes.

Surely this would satisfy both of us, no?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).