RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligne

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligned string formatter.
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 00:48:33 +0200

Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I must admit that I am a naughty boy that has not filed any bug
> before making this fix. I of course did some basic tests before
> comitting and it was OK.

Hi Vincent,

The purpose of a release candidate is to provide a tarball as close as
possible to the final release for testing, so once the first RC is out,
only critical bug fixes should be pushed to the release branch.

If a particular bug is blocking the release, then it's of course ok to
commit a fix for it on emacs-25, but since it's not the case here, I
think that commits 8a38e94 and 3c97b0f should have been pushed to master
instead.

> IMHO taking this bug fix is not risky and that would make the local
> printer feature more complete.

I understand that, but who knows, even if your commit looks safe it
might still introduce issues that you haven't seen yet :-)

Cheers,
Nico