Re: About the 'minibuffer' frame parameter

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: About the 'minibuffer' frame parameter
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:03:08 +0000

Actually, it seems like one of the existing windows gets cloned and that is put on top of the minibuffer without modeline.

It looks something like this.

So the minibuffer looks completely fused with Win 2 of Buf x (that somehow got created automatically when I enabled debug-on-error).
After some window switching, the mode line for Win 2 appears automatically.

| Win 1 - Buf x                              |
| Mode-line for Win 1                        |
| Win 2 - Buf x                              |
| Minibuffer                                 |

(I put to white box there to mask my work stuff. If I close that window, the missing modeline for the bottom "Win 2 - Buf x" is created automatically. Note that the same "-Searchd" string is shown in the actual window on the top right and the bottom window auto-created exactly above the minibuffer (so I thought earlier that the minibuffer had 2 rows; it was in fact an inactive window and thus that inactive window cursor face).

pasted1