Re: Revise etc/DEBUG documentation

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: Revise etc/DEBUG documentation
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 12:06:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you sure the delay is because of Emacs being parked in pselect?
> In my testing, Emacs shuts down after C-c as soon as it gets focus.

Yes, I'm sure.  At least this is what I'm observing here (with DebPrint
calls).  And yes, as soon as the frame gets focus or receives any other
MS Windows message such as WM_MOUSEMOVE (or any subprocess output), it
will terminate.  But if not, it blocks until the timeout expires.

This potential delay is a minor detail.  But couldn't we overcome it by
pulsing the interrupt_handle event, e.g. by a call to signal_quit in
keyboard.c (handle_interrupt_signal), just after having set the
Vquit_flag?  Of course, that would be for MS Windows only.