Re: Proposal: make prog2 a macro

From: Wilfred Hughes
Subject: Re: Proposal: make prog2 a macro
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 22:12:55 -0400

On 7 October 2016 at 04:08, Tino Calancha <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe you could also replace any mention of prog2 as a special form,
> again without being exhaustive, for instance,
> unsafep.el.

OK, here's an updated patch. I've removed the usage of backquote as
suggested, and updated unsafep.el, bytecomp.el and cl-macs.el. I've
grepped through Emacs for other references to prog2, I think I've
covered everything.

> This change will cause increased inconvenience in the Lisp debugger
> for interpreted code.

I don't see how: I've added a debug declaration so you can step
through with edebug as normal. It's no different from `when' in this
respect.

Wilfred