Re: master 39f0543 1/2: vc-git-print-log: pass "--follow" to "log" to ha

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: master 39f0543 1/2: vc-git-print-log: pass "--follow" to "log" to handle renamed files
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:44:53 +0100

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

> No, I was not - until now.
> I used the change for a month before committing it and was pretty happy.
> I will revert the commit and add a comment.
> Sorry.

Thanks.

I was aware of the removal of --follow because I wanted it there too :-)

Apart from the problem described on the bug report, IIRC other people
mentioned that it makes the command significantly slower, so it is not a
good candidate as a default.

Maybe we can test for the presence of --follow and remove it from the
git command when the target is a directory?