GnuTLS per-connection variables (was: server-local variables)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: GnuTLS per-connection variables (was: server-local variables)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:02:10 -0500

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:02:50 +0100 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> finally, I've committed a patch to master implementing connection-local
MA> variables.  For details, see

MA> (info "(elisp)Connection Local Variables")

Looks great, thank you.

I looked at migrating gnutls.el to use this new facility. I have some
questions (and maybe Lars and others can add more).

* how will users see and configure the settings per class?

* how will users select the class per server? The NSM may be useful
  here, since it already does some per-connection checks and storage.

* how to migrate users from the current defcustoms in
  (customize-group 'gnutls) to this new system? Do we support both for
  some time?

Thanks
Ted