Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:03:46 -0800

DC> No. This code isn't disruptive to the Emacs core if it's used, so there's
DC> no reason to keep it out of master. Experience with the concurrency branch
DC> tells me that interesting work in some feature branch ghetto never
DC> actually gets merged.

You've only tested this on one platform so far, yes? That alone is reason not
to merge it immediately into master. Also, I'd like to see documentation
before it goes in, because that's essential to its maintainability.

Further, I don't like hearing ultimatums, on either side, over what amounts to
an efficiency issue. This matter has already shown that it deserves a little
cooling off and further thought. Call it a ghetto if you will, but you've not
convinced me that incubating code in branches is a bad idea.