Re: Overlays as an AA-tree

From: Joakim Jalap
Subject: Re: Overlays as an AA-tree
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 07:53:37 +0100

Andreas Politz <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, I have the interval data-structure pretty much down and am now
> wading through the current overlay code, in order to determine the
> functionality I'm going to have to reimplement.  Having fun so far.

FWIW I've allready all this boring stuff. I you want you can look at my
branch at https://github.com/jockej/emacs-mirror2 branch
arne-without-parent.

The interface is always the same*: Gather all the interesting overlays in
a vector. The affected files are pretty much buffer.c, xdisp.c,
xfaces.c, insdel.c and fileio.c IIRC. Somewhere towards the end
ofoverlays.c in my branch (before the new lisp functions) are my
implementations of those gathering functions. I think I got all the
places covered.

*There are some that are slightly different, like next_overlay_start and
 such, but it's mostly the same.