Re: Overlays as an AA-tree

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Overlays as an AA-tree
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:04:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Andreas Politz <address@hidden>
> Thank you for working on this important issue.

I enjoyed it.

> From my POV, a very important performance issue is that of redisplay.

Do you expect redisplay performance to improve or is it your aim that it
does not degrade ?

> So I'd like to see a performance comparison in at least three use
> cases:

I did a quick test using highlight-regexp which indicate that it makes
no or not much of a difference.  But I guess there is room for some
optimization left.

BTW how do you figure out which functions need attention,
performance-wise.  Is there any experience using valgrind/callgrind,
because I tried it and the results seem bogus to me, but I may be
mistaken.

-ap