Re: Brave new mark-defun (and a testing tool)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Brave new mark-defun (and a testing tool)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:00:13 +0100

On 2017-02-12, at 22:29, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

>> mark-defun is now extensively tested - it comes with a suite of about two
>> dozen ert tests.
>
> Well, you've sold me there. :)

Well, don't make fun of a humble mathematician. :-)

I figured that if I'm going to heavily change something as fundamental
as mark-defun, I'd better be sure I didn't break anything.  (In fact, as
Drew pointed out, I /did/ break a few things - my earlier tests did not
cover enough cases.  Hopefully it's better now...)

Also, I only tested it in Elisp mode.  That's a potential problem...

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski