Re: [Emacs-diffs] master fd8f724: * src/xdisp.c (overlay_arrows_changed_

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master fd8f724: * src/xdisp.c (overlay_arrows_changed_p): Fix last change.
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 13:58:04 -0500

>> /* FIXME: Don't we have a problem, using such a global
>> * "last-position" if the variable is buffer-local?  */

> I'm not sure I understand the concern.  The position is a marker, so
> it specifies the buffer as well.

We have a list of variables, and we store the last position of the
marker held in that variable in a symbol property.

If that variable is buffer-local, then that same variable can contain
several markers (upto one per buffer) yet it only has a single property
to keep the old value, that needs to be shared by all those
markers/buffers.

        Stefan