Bult-in XSLT processor

From: Etienne Prud’homme
Subject: Bult-in XSLT processor
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:38:38 -0400

While trying to discover XSLT, I saw that Emacs doesn’t seem to have an
XSLT processor built-in.  That surprised me given it can be used in a
variety of contexts (I’m still discovering that though).

I’m not talking about XSLT editing functionality.  nXMl-mode seems to do
a pretty good job on XML documents (XSLT is XML based).  I’m talking
about a library that can transform XML file according to an XSLT
stylesheet.

The only support I’ve seen so far is by using the very old
`xslt-process' package and it’s using Java libraries.

Would it be worth the effort to make an XSLT processor in Emacs Lisp?

--
Etienne