Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 22:33:13 +0200

Hi,

I might have found a bug in the way Emacs is handling environment variables under Windows.

I start Emacs with -Q and I can do the following :

(getenv "TEMP")
"C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"
(getenv "temp")
"C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"

(setenv "TEMP" "c:/Temp/")
"c:/Temp/"
(getenv "TEMP")
"C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"
(getenv "temp")
"C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"

(setenv "temp" "c:/Temp/")
"c:/Temp/"
(getenv "TEMP")
"c:/Temp/"
(getenv "temp")
"c:/Temp/"

AFAIK, environment variables are case insensitive under Windows.
So there is something that is not taken care of for the case of case insensitive environment variables.
I haven't (yet) been able to find where this magic happens however.

Any idea about where to look for will be welcome :-)

Regards,

Fabrice