Re: 27bb4de72b * Port cleanup attribute to Oracle Studio 12.5

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: 27bb4de72b * Port cleanup attribute to Oracle Studio 12.5
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:33:23 -0700

On 06/15/2017 12:20 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote:
we might even compile emacs-modules.c as C++ unconditionally. I guess by now every system that has a C compiler and supports shared libraries also has a C++ compiler.

Although C++ compilers may be available, they (or their libraries) are not necessarily installed properly, and this can be a problem at runtime as well as at compile-time. So it may be better to stick with C if it works.

(i.e. this doesn't even need --enable-gcc-warnings)

Ah, that's key. Although 'configure' suppresses that false alarm if --enable-gcc-warnings is specified, it also needs to suppress it when --enable-gcc-warnings is *not* specified. I installed the attached, which I hope fixes the warnings that were annoying you (assuming we are not using -save-temps, which is a reasonable assumption).