Re: eww: call to eww-render looks incorrect

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: eww: call to eww-render looks incorrect
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 19:27:46 +0300

> From: raman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 08:52:20 -0700
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I might be confused -- reading that signature I thought status should be
> passed first, the call I see passes url first

No, status is not included in the list of arguments.  The doc string
says:

  (url-retrieve URL CALLBACK &optional CBARGS SILENT INHIBIT-COOKIES)

  Retrieve URL asynchronously and call CALLBACK with CBARGS when finished.
  URL is either a string or a parsed URL.  If it is a string
  containing characters that are not valid in a URI, those
  characters are percent-encoded; see ‘url-encode-url’.

  CALLBACK is called when the object has been completely retrieved, with
  the current buffer containing the object, and any MIME headers associated
  with it.  It is called as (apply CALLBACK STATUS CBARGS).
  STATUS is a plist representing what happened during the request,

As you see, only CBARGS are taken from the call to url-retrieve, the
status is added when the callback is invoked.