Could anyone tackle Emacs bug#23794 in sort-lines before Emacs 26 is rel

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Could anyone tackle Emacs bug#23794 in sort-lines before Emacs 26 is released?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:07:17 -0400

This is the bug that sort-lines since Emacs 25 has not handled collapsed (invisible) lines properly (keeping them with their parents) when sorting.  Prior to Emacs 25, sort-lines handled outline sorting properly.

It should be a fairly straightforward thing (relative to the complexity of other Emacs issues) since it is well understood and a potential patch has been offered.  Eli suggested that any change be limited to outlining modes to limit its effects.

​I cannot work on it myself right now and that is why I am asking someone else to pick it up.​

I think this is a bug that should be eliminated before Emacs 26 goes live
​ so it does not impact people with large outlines who might sort them and get the wrong results but not notice until their data has been corrupted for a while and they can't get back to the original proper hierarchical associations.​

At the very least the present behavior makes no sense for outline modes that use invisibility for collapsing.

​Bob