Re: Flymake refactored

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Flymake refactored
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:51:59 +0200

On 9/28/17 9:52 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Maybe we could hook it into `next-error` so you can use C-x ` or `M-g n/p`
for it, but I'm not sure if it will work well (the problem with the
`next-error` thingy is that there can be many different "kinds" or
error sources, so flymake would end up competing with compile.el, grep,
etc...).

I think it would be very silly to use next-error for grep, but not for flymake. Flycheck uses it, so flymake can make do somehow, too.

It should also encourage us to sort out that mess.