Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lowercase aliases for Info-* commands?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 20:29:58 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 19:02:12 +0100
>
> > Why cannot you make these aliases in your customizations?
>
> I can always do that. I just find it somewhat un-regular that the
> commands for info all start with 'I', hence my desire to fix it.

It may be irregular, but it's there for a very long time, and AFAIR no
one complained about that.  So I see no reason to put in Emacs
something that is your personal preference.

(E.g., I find function names like foo->bar also irregular -- this is
Lisp, not C -- but that's just my personal stylistic preference, so I
keep it to myself.)