syntax-propertize and CC-mode (was: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4b

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: syntax-propertize and CC-mode (was: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls)
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 21:33:31 -0500

> The text between < and > is marked, what when BEG falls in the middle,
                                      ^^^^
                                    so that

> syntax-propertize-extend-region-functions will know without having to
> have access to the ">" (so it doesn't matter if it's already been
> deleted or not).

[...]

> "can", indeed.  My experience makes me confident it won't happen.

This said, this side-discussion about syntax-propertize is irrelevant to
the MMM issue: CC-mode doesn't need to switch to syntax-propertize to
cooperate with mmm-mode (it's just the way I would make it work because
I dono't understand the workings of the current code, but if you make
the change yourself, then you can adapt the current code, with which
you're familiar).

        Stefan