Re:Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:21:21 +0800 (CST)

Font's align problem is not a big problem :-), Chinese emacs user's fonts setup is complicate, so
it is not easily to use set-frame-font.  so I decide just ignore this small problem :-)

I have use `mode-line-format' and `header-line-format' , they are more simple. thanks for this good tip.

At 2017-12-09 18:35:42, "martin rudalics" <address@hidden> wrote: > > Thank your for your help, I have solved the problem: I add (window-min-height 1) and (window-min-width 1)) > > to my code and let my English main font is taller than my Chinese fonts. > >Would setting `set-frame-font' for that child frame help then? Provided >you can say in advance which of your fonts should be the dominant one >for the frame in question. > >BTW, note that setting these parameters > > (set-window-parameter window 'mode-line-format 'none) > (set-window-parameter window 'header-line-format 'none)) > >is generally only needed when you show the corresponding buffer in a >"normal" window and in a child frame window. If you show the buffer in >a child frame only, setting the buffer-local values of >`mode-line-format' and `header-line-format' to nil usually suffices. > >martin