Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Matthias Dahl
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:11:46 +0100

Hello Andrés...

On 26/02/18 16:11, andrés ramírez wrote:

> But. I need to remind this case:
> https://xkcd.com/1172/

I know what you are trying to say but in this particular case I think
the risk is rather low of "breaking" someone's workflow. And if this
change does introduce some kind of valid breakage, it would be nice
to know about this sooner rather than later. I know 26 is already in
beta, but this is essentially a bug fix and the recent patch is also
smaller and more clearly laid-out which makes it easier to assess and
reduces its side-effects.

> Btw. Lars. Mentioned a hang. I have also got a hang a few minutes ago reading
> nntp news with an specific site

Do you get those hangs with an Emacs version that had the bug fix? And
have you been able to pinpoint where exactly Emacs hangs? (backtrace)
Also, is this a "cancelable" hang (hitting ctrl+g) or a real hang and
you need to kill Emacs altogether?

So long,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu