Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 08:57:13 -0700

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Some people, including me, find the insertion of characters they haven't
typed (aside from tabs/spaces for indentation) annoying.

Hey, I often find the insertion of tabs and spaces annoying! And it's gotten worse recently, in CC-mode. It's often reindenting when I don't want it to, and for C99 constructs like designated initializers it indents in ways that are increasingly unhelpful. (Yes, I know, I know, I should file bug reports....)