Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 455a236: New function 'xref-find-definitions-at

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 455a236: New function 'xref-find-definitions-at-mouse'
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:25:03 -0400

> I'm afraid I do not see the point of making it work without mouse events?

I look at it from the other side: what's the point of making it work
only when bound to a mouse event?

> Would that be in the interest of merging it with
> 'xref-find-definitions' somehow?

I haven't made the effort to try and understand what's the real
difference between xref-find-definitions and
xref-find-definitions-at-mouse, so I can't really answer.

Maybe they can be merged, but maybe they are meant to behave differently
(e.g. xref-find-definitions-at-mouse should never prompt the user about
which identifier to use?).

        Stefan