Re: [Emacs-diffs] master babe0d4: Rearrange definition of zerop in subr.

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master babe0d4: Rearrange definition of zerop in subr.el
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 18:34:32 +0300

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
>
>> Would adding a comment along the following lines be welcome?
>
> Yes, it might help avoid future such problems. I installed it (after removing
> some of the excessive text in the commit message and fixing the attribution).

Thanks.

Re: the attribution, I must have misinterpreted the following excerpt
from CONTRIBUTE:

  One way to identify revisions is by quoting their summary line.
  Another is with an action stamp - an RFC3339 date followed by !
  followed by the committer's email - for example,
  "2014-01-16T05:43:address@hidden".

I initially paired the git-log fields CommitDate and Commit, rather than
AuthorDate and Author, respectively (hence your email in place of mine),
whereas you paired CommitDate and Author.

I realise this is probably inconsequential or overly pedantic, but I'm
nevertheless curious whether there's any difference or preference.

--
Basil