Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f96fe57: New option to make 'C-x 4 a' use file-

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f96fe57: New option to make 'C-x 4 a' use file-less ChangeLog buffers
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 23:22:00 +0100

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 8:49 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Evidently I missed something, because I thought that part was included.
> In my setup, it evens happens automatically when I vc-next-action and the
> vc-log buffer appears.
> I'm away from my computer now, doesn't it work for you like this in emacs
> -Q?

Hmm... maybe there was pilot error.  I'll take a second look and will
complain loudly if it still doesn't work.

Yup, works for me from Emacs -Q. Maybe it's the way I'm
working:

Emacs -Q
M-x vc-dir RET some project RET
m to mark some changes files
M-x vc-diff
C-x 4 a (multiple times in diff buffer, copies to temp changelog buf)
switch back to vc dir buffer
M-x vc-next-action (this copies the entries I put down before)
C-c C-a copies the entries again and again

What exactly are you doing?

João