Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 15:48:29 +0200

Tino Calancha <address@hidden> writes:

> The last build of this CI was 2 months ago.
> I see a message about some difficulties to update the
> mirror (https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emacs)
>
> Is there a plan to fix that problem and keep running this CI?

That project was set up as a test, to see if GitLab CI would be
workable.

There was decided to set up GitLab on GNU/FSF servers, and start using
that instead.

We've been provisioned a machine by the FSF sysadmins, but we haven't
set up GitLab on it yet. We've started an Ansible playbook to set it up:
https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emba-ansible
But I've ran into a problem with the installation:
https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emba-ansible/merge_requests/1#note_84988269

I should pick this up again, and get it working. But I've been really
busy at my job, so it has low priority.

Also Ted has been really busy with other stuff if I'm not mistaken. And
for now we're the only two volunteers to maintain that instance.

But yeah, you're right. We should give this some attention, and make CI
for Emacs operational again.

-- Toon