Re: Failure trying to clone Elpa

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Failure trying to clone Elpa
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 23:28:17 +0200

On Jul 29 2018, "N. Jackson" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I read the bug report and the man page for `git clone' and then
> cast around more generally in the git documentation but after an
> hour or so I failed to find a way to turn off individual options
> on the git command line and I failed to find a way to tell git to
> ignore configuration files.

git(1)

       -c <name>=<value>
           Pass a configuration parameter to the command. The value given will
           override values from configuration files. The <name> is expected in
           the same format as listed by git config (subkeys separated by
           dots).

           Note that omitting the = in git -c foo.bar ...  is allowed and sets
           foo.bar to the boolean true value (just like [foo]bar would in a
           config file). Including the equals but with an empty value (like
           git -c foo.bar= ...) sets foo.bar to the empty string which git
           config --bool will convert to false.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1