Re: Some developement questions

From: hw
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 17:07:00 +0200

Joshua Branson <address@hidden> writes:

>> Who would ever press ESC-right or ESC-left to move a word?
>
> part of this reason is why I started to use evil-mode.  :)

Right, I thought about doing that since starting to learn vim and
understanding how it can be much more efficient than Emacs.  Is it
exactly the same as using vim?

Why not use vim instead?  Does Emacs have advantages over vim when using
evil-mode?  Vim even does syntax highlighting for fvwm out of the box.

I managed to find an fvwm-mode for emacs (which needs some work) years
ago, but why isn't that shipped with Emacs by default?

(Uh, we probably shouldn't discuss this there --- feel free to send me
an email directly :)