Re: Some developement questions

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 14:59:46 +0100

>   > I would like to add automation which would work better. So where it says
>   > "create a new frame", it would be nice to have a click button which
>   > actually does this for you.
>
> I don't follow.  Concretely, what do you propose, and what is good about it?

The tutorial might look like this:

Now you can create a new frame. Try

File->New Frame
[Show Me]

Clicking on show me would just do this. Given Emacs' architecture, this
should be straightforward to implement. In the idea world, you'd see the
menus opening and things being selected. This might be a little harder,
but still plausible.

I lack the time to implement this but it becomes possible, once we get
away from the idea of a tutorial as a text file you can edit.

Phil