Re: hash-consing bignums and eq==eql

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: hash-consing bignums and eq==eql
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 23:26:50 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Common Lisp and Scheme have a very different user-base
and goals.  These are languages whose target users are real programmers,
and where its considered normal to let a program core-dump

Not sure I agree with this, as it's a pretty big world out there. In my corner of the world, almost all the Scheme users I deal with are students, they're not big fans of core dumps, and the Scheme they use (Racket, typically) is even less likely to dump core than Elisp is. Although other corners of the Scheme world are like what you describe, that's more the R5RS tradition, as R6RS moved decisively in the "let's not let programs dump core" direction.