Re: Some developement questions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:37:38 +0300

> From: hw <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 11:35:58 +0200
>
> > I see nothing wrong with that: if you are one of those who can't, just
> > ignore the part about ergonomic cursor motion keys.
>
> Does the tutorial say that when you use cursor keys, you can skip
> forward to line 322 and start reading there?

It says "you can use the arrow keys".  Skipping is not a problem, as
the tutorial has small and clearly marked sections.

But I'm not opposed to adding an explicit sentence like that.

> The tutorial uses the first 322 lines (26%) to go on and on about these
> movement keys.  It is supposed to be *the* Emacs tutorial, not a
> keyboard tutorial.

They are not general keyboard features, they are _Emacs_ keyboard
input features.

> Do you really think that *the* Emacs tutorial should use its first 300+
> lines to cover a non-issue?  Isn't there anything much more interesting
> and far more important to learn about Emacs?

We don't think this is a non-issue.