Re: jit-compile: Not a byte-compiled function

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: jit-compile: Not a byte-compiled function
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:30:13 -0600

>>>>> "Óscar" == Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

Óscar> (jit-compile 'foo)

Óscar> still produces the error. Same with a function that is defined on a
Óscar> source file that contains lexical-binding: t as file-local variable:

Sorry, I misremembered this earlier.  I built the libjit branch again
and tried it.  jit-compile takes a compiled object:

  if (!COMPILEDP (func))

    error ("Not a byte-compiled function");

So you need

(jit-compile (symbol-function 'foo))

The compiled code is stored into the bytecode vector.

Tom