Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstr

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstraps.
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 13:36:11 +0200

> Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:08:17 +0000
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>   address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>   address@hidden
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
>
> Eli, I think it's up to you to accept or reject this bug fix.

Sorry, no.  My personal preference should be quite clear from what I
wrote, but last time I tried something like that, I got a s**tstorm.
Evidently, my prestige is not high enough to get something like that
through.  So I'm not going to try doing that again, not here anyway.

> It's your personal responsibility.

There cannot be a responsibility without the authority to go with it.

> Suppose we don't fix this bug.  Then we should close all the pertinent
> bug reports as "won't fix".  Additionally, the documentation of the byte
> compiler needs to be amended to match the reality.  I propose the
> following patch to .../doc/lispref/compile.texi:

Fine with me, thanks.  Although I'd recommend amending the footnote to
be less specific to when the fix was proposed.