Re: gpg 2.2 and epa

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gpg 2.2 and epa
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 19:04:53 -0500

  > Emacs master (like Emacs 26.1) delegates password handling to gpg2. That
is,
  > Emacs itself isn't responsible for reading passphrases; gpg2 does it for
Emacs.

I should have added that I always use Emacs on a tty.
When gpg tries to read the password on a tty under Emacs,
it does not work: both programs try to read at once
and it is unpredictable which one gets each character.

With gpg 1, something in Emacs recognizes that it wants a password,
reads the password in Emacs, then passes it to gpg.  That method works.
But it doesn't seem to activate when using gpg 2.

Has anyone seen this problem?

--
Dr Richard Stallman