Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 23:42:52 +0100 (CET)

> Il 5 dicembre 2018 alle 19.34 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 00:31:19 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> >     address@hidden
> >
> > ;; Sr-speedbar startup
> > (defun start-sr-speedbar ()
> >   "My customization for `sr-speedbar' startup."
> >   (interactive)
> >
> >   ;; Start sr-speedbar at Emacs startup
> >   (sr-speedbar-open)
> >
> >   ;; As suggested here:
> >   ;;
> >   ;;   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2017-07/msg01125.html
> >   ;;
> >   ;; (Really I had tried this solution but putting it in wrong place!)
> >   ;;
> >   (ad-deactivate 'pop-to-buffer)
>
> Can you explain why you need the above ad-deactivate?

Suggestion from this list (Martin..)... see the above commented out link...

> > ;;(add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook 'start-sr-speedbar) ; the old way
> > (add-hook 'window-setup-hook 'start-sr-speedbar)
>
> And why do you start sr-speedbar from window-setup-hook?

another suggestion from this list (Martin..)... see the above commented out
link... oops the citation forgot it:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2017-04/msg00569.html

> > I notice that with that init file, now Emacs starts with a double scratch
> > buffer (one in text window and one in sr-speedbar window) and minibuffer
> > contains "Opening directory: No such file or directory,
> > c:/msys2/tmp/emacs-master/src/". Indeed I removed the directory:
> > c:/msys2/tmp/emacs-master. It is the directory where the Emacs source is
> > expanded (I use the emacs-master.tar.gz from git repo).
>
> I think this is because the sr-speedbar window is a dedicated window,
> so Emacs cannot switch to *scratch* in that window.  Removing
> sr-speedbar invocation from window-setup-hook will probably fix that.

How? May you suggest how should I start sr-speedbar?

Recent changes in Emacs have broken this...