Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 21:47:32 +0200

> Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 20:36:22 +0100 (CET)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> C-x C-f in scratch says " c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/src/"..

That sounds like the root cause of the problem, doesn't it?  Because
the c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/src directory doesn't exist, if I
understood correctly your build procedure: you have deleted that
directory by the time the Emacs executable is started.  Is that
correct or am I missing something?

If my understanding is indeed correct, then how come Emacs thinks its
current directory is a non-existing directory?  Are you invoking Emacs
by typing "emacs" or "runemacs" at the shell prompt, or by some other
way?

(And btw, is the leading SPC character at the beginning of
default-directory really part of the directory name?)