Re: Emacs text shaping using Harfbuzz

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Emacs text shaping using Harfbuzz
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 15:09:16 +0100

Hi all,

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> With this in mind, we asked the Harfbuzz developers to help us
> integrate Emacs with Harfbuzz.  The first stage of this job, performed
> by the Harfbuzz team, is the new 'harfbuzz' branch now available in
> the Emacs Git repository.

This is very cool, thanks for that.

I compiled and superficially tested the branch, and it generally seems
to work fine.  Is there yet a feature boolean or a frame parameter to
check whether it is enabled?

I will add remarks to the bug reports that already exist about an issue
that I have seen in my test.

benny