Re: Package proposal: greader, an audio emacs reader for blind and disle

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Package proposal: greader, an audio emacs reader for blind and dislexic people
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 00:22:07 +0100

Michelangelo Rodriguez <address@hidden> writes:

> So, the link for the code is:
> https://github.com/michelangelo-rodriguez/greader.git

Thanks.  I tested it quickly.

The README said I should hit C-r to let it start reading, but it should
be C-r SPC, right?  That worked nicely at least.  + and - didn't work
OTOH, I got an error saying that the variable "greader-rate" is
undefined.  That variable is indeed declared nowhere.

There are also a lot of compiler warnings.  So a bit of code review
would probably be good, also text formatting (line breaks, capital
letters at sentence beginnings) should get some care, by someone not
blind, because it's probably easier for those (so I guess at least).

I think the package would be a good addition to Gnu Elpa.  If it is
accepted by Emacs developers, you have to sign some papers with legal
stuff.  AFAIK it's important that all contributors (of more than 15
lines or so) have also signed these papers, but it seems you are the
only contributor anyway.

After that someone can add your package to Gnu Elpa, or you can get an
account and add it by yourself.

Regards,

Michael.