Re: insert-file-name-into-minibuffer

From: Alexander Klimov
Subject: Re: insert-file-name-into-minibuffer
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:30:20 +0000

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > It is quite common to insert the name of the current file into the
> > argument of shell-command or compile command (both use
> > read-shell-command). I wonder what it the preferred way to do it?
>
> Doesn't M-n in the minibuffer already do that?

Thanks, never knew it works in read-shell-command this way!

OTOH, next-history-element replaces the whole line even if one
already typed `gcc ...' and does not allow to insert the file name
with full path.

Speaking of buffer file names, probably there should also be a more
direct way to copy the full path of the current file than C-x C-f M-n
C-S-backspace.

--
Regards,
ASK