Re: [elpa] externals/xr e77aa97: Postfix ops are literal after ^ but not

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/xr e77aa97: Postfix ops are literal after ^ but not after \(?:^\)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:27:02 +0100

21 feb. 2019 kl. 02.35 skrev Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

> Yes, the patch looked great: simple to implement but return thorough info.
> The next question will be how/where to hook it.
>
> Maybe we could setup a flymake backend which looks for (defcustom ... "...")
> and things like (re-search-forward "..."), tho maybe hooking it into the
> byte-compiler is a better option (that will also make it work with
> flymake)

I'll let that for others to do then -- I just wrote a throwaway thing to scan
the Emacs sources and got about 150 complaints, some of which very much look
like bugs.

Complaining about \] didn't seem very productive so that particular warning
went away, since it is common to match square brackets in pairs and [ needs to
be escaped. There is also a new repetition-of-repetition check.