Re: w32 master branch: "make[2]: *** [calendar/cal-loaddefs.el] Error 3"

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: Re: w32 master branch: "make[2]: *** [calendar/cal-loaddefs.el] Error 3"
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:05:35 -0700

Thank you, Eli, for the suggestions.  I gave it a whirl and it looks like my
version of gcc.exe / MinGW_32 does not deal well with spaces in file/folder
names.  This may have been the reason why I have been using the 8+3 aliases of
long file names for the past few years when building Emacs on the w32 platform;
however, I have only a vague recollection of what went through my mind when I
wrote up my initial cheat-sheet way back then.  To avoid seeing the warnings
during the build process, I may ultimately do the building in a path that does
not contain any spaces in the file/folder names.

Unless there is more than one issue preventing the build from completing using
the patch for multiple fake cursors (proof concept), it appears that the root
cause of the failed build relates to the uninitialized memory that is being
worked on contemporaneously in a different thread.

cd "/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/emacs"

./autogen.sh

CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' ./configure \
--prefix="/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/trunk" \
--enable-checking='yes,glyphs' \
--enable-check-lisp-object-type \
--without-compress-install \
--without-makeinfo \
--with-gnutls=no \
--with-mailutils \
--without-makeinfo

make

make -C nt all
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Documents and
Settings/Administrator/Desktop/emcs/nt'
  RC       emacs.res
  CCLD     runemacs.exe
gcc.exe: error: and: No such file or directory
gcc.exe: error: Settings/Administrator/Desktop/emacs/nt/inc: No such file or
diectory
make[1]: *** [runemacs.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Documents and
Settings/Administrator/Desktop/emas/nt'
make: *** [nt] Error 2