Re: Lisp Api and backward compatibility

From: Sameer Rahmani
Subject: Re: Lisp Api and backward compatibility
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 21:28:41 +0100

I picked up a task to change `desktop.el` to be able to save/read desktops with a name ( basically writes the desktop in to a file under a given name and later read from it). As you already know the `desktop-save` fn for example gets directory name as the first argument following by several optional args. So I was thinking to either:

1) Add a new optional arg called filename and ask the desktop name from user in interactive.

2) don't add anything to the function signature and `read-string` it in the function body.

what do you think ?