Re: Experimental regexp check: repetition of empty-matching expression

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Experimental regexp check: repetition of empty-matching expression
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:47:36 -0700

Mattias Engdegård wrote:

Is this useful, or a pointless waste of time?

I think it's useful, except that the last entry (in dabbrev.el) seems to be a false alarm, as a regexp pattern is initially nil but is assigned something else before use, and the trawler assumes it's nil. I installed the attached patch into master to fix the other issues as best I could. Thanks.