Re: Renaming non-X x_* procedures in xdisp.c (and elsewhere)

From: Alex Gramiak
Subject: Re: Renaming non-X x_* procedures in xdisp.c (and elsewhere)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 10:26:16 -0600

>> Equivalently it would check for FRAME_{X,NS,W32}_P.
>
> Not sure what that means, please elaborate.

I just meant implementing FRAME_WINDOW_P using the graphical window
system predicates instead of the terminal predicates; the same principle
you mentioned in the display-graphic-p thread.

>> I believe there should be a comment by the definition of FRAME_WINDOW_P
>> that states not to use the return value as a non-boolean.
>
> It's okay to add such a comment, although the _P part of the name,
> which stands for "Predicate", is supposed to say that already.

Right, I was just mildly concerned since the comment by it mentions that
"it's defined to be the predicate for the window system being used",
which might not be good for code to rely on in the very long-term.

I removed that part of the comment in the patch series I just posted, is
that an acceptable change?