Re: master 26f9a77: * etc/package-keyring.gpg: Add the 2019 key

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 26f9a77: * etc/package-keyring.gpg: Add the 2019 key
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:57:54 -0400

> So I installed the gnu-elpa-keyring-update package,

Thanks ;-)

> and now I get
>
>     Importing gnu-elpa-keyring.gpg...
>     Importing gnu-elpa-keyring.gpg...done
>
> on stdout when I start emacs.

Sounds like a bug: the import should have taken place during the
installation (more specifically during the compilation) of
gnu-elpa-keyring-update and it should not need to be performed "ever
again".  And if for some reason it didn't happen during installation, it
should happen at the next startup but not at the subsequent ones.

So could you try and figure out why it happens every time you
start Emacs?

For that, you'll probably want to manually edit
~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnu-elpa-keyring-update-2019.1/gnu-elpa-keyring-update-autoloads.el
to add various `message` calls within the (eval-after-load 'package ...).

        Stefan