Re: Crashes in "C-h h"

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: Crashes in "C-h h"
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 15:40:49 +0000

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 3:29 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >   #2  0x011467ac in XFIXNUM (a=XIL(0)) at lisp.h:1198
> > >   #3  0x0135a8ea in fontset_find_font (fontset=XIL(0xa000000006a97b18),
> > > c=1047,
> > >       face=0x68dc4f8, charset_id=15, fallback=false) at fontset.c:578
> >
> >           repertory = FONT_DEF_REPERTORY (RFONT_DEF_FONT_DEF (rfont_def));
> >
> >           if (XFIXNUM (repertory) == charset_id)
> >
> > Looks like repertory is nil.
>
> Yes, that part is clear.  The question is why...

Is there a problem simply testing FIXNUMP in this place? If I'm
reading this correctly, repertory may be nil, but it might also be a
char table, which might, by sheer accident, have XFIXNUM_RAW
(repertory) == charset_id, so it looks like a bug that was caught, not
caused, by the recent XFIXNUM change.